“The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” -B.B. King
We’re proud to work with a lot of different organizations in Jefferson, Broadwater, and Lewis and Clark counties to enhance access to education. This means kids, parents, and individuals of all ages can find resources to help them advance their skills and give them a strong foundation to build the rest of their lives. There are so many great opportunities for education through United Way’s partners, including:
• adults can take classes to strengthen their career skills at the Career Training Institute,
• young kids can create the foundation for educational success by participating in Head Start while parents can take Home Buyer Education classes at Rocky Mountain Development Council,
• families can discover science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education by visiting ExplorationWorks! (which partners with the library and offers scholarships and discount memberships),
• Rural Dynamics, Inc. can help build financial literacy and skills for youth and adults,
• kids and adults can build reading skills and volunteer to help others through The Lewis and Clark Literacy Council,
• youth can learn life skills and confidence through programs offered by Girls Thrive, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Youth Connections Coalition and other programs,
• families can get learn about gardening and healthy foods through Helena Community Gardens and the 6th Ward Garden Park,
• adults can take Empowerment Classes to build their skills in budgeting and financial management through The Salvation Army,
• parents can strengthen their relationships with their children by taking Love and Logic and Circle of Security classes through Florence Crittenton and find other parenting classes offered through Lewis and Clark Public Health,
• and more!
Whether you’re starting a career, finding a new way to get involved in the community, or starting a new level of school in the fall, we hope you never stop learning!